RSIM Research GroupI am a member of the RSIM research group led by Sarita Adve at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am involved in the Heterogeneous Computing project, which relies heavily on work done in the DeNovo Coherence project.
- Alsop, Johnathan, Marc S. Orr, Bradford M. Beckmann, and David A. Wood, "Lazy Release Consistency for GPUs," in IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), IEEE, 2016. paper, slides
- Alsop, Johnathan, Matthew D. Sinclair, Rakesh Komuravelli, Sarita V. Adve. "Characterizing the sources of memory stalls for tightly coupled GPUs," in IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), IEEE, 2016. paper, slides
- Sinclair, Matthew D., Johnathan Alsop, and Sarita V. Adve. "Efficient GPU Synchronization without Scopes: Saying No to Complex Consistency Models." in 48th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), IEEE, 2015.
- Komuravelli, Rakesh, Matthew D. Sinclair, Johnathan Alsop, Muhammad Huzaifa, Maria Kotsifakou, Prakalp Srivastava, Sarita V. Adve, and Vikram S. Adve. "Stash: Have your scratchpad and cache it too." in Proceedings of the 42nd Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), ACM, 2015.
Awards and Recognition
- Dan Vivoli Fellowship in Electrical and Computer Engineering for 2016
- GPU consistency work [MICRO'15] selected as an IEEE Micro Top Picks 2016 Honorable Mention
- Stash work [ISCA'15] selected as an IEEE Micro Top Picks 2016 Honorable Mention
- Stash work featured in Computing Community Consortium (CCC) blog